A construction management system involves complex implementation processes which need to be handled efficiently to deliver projects on time and on budget. Maintaining construction projects as per planned schedule can make the difference between profit and loss. A construction management system needs a centralized repository of data which includes critical estimates, details of sales, labor and financial information about budgets, schedules, customer relationships and field activities.
Karya’s Microsoft Dynamics NAV offers a comprehensive ERP construction management solution which connects the moving parts of the business. Karya helps you truly transform your business outcomes. The solution designed by Karya is intended to boost business margins and drive growth along with a greater control over business. Karya’s Microsoft Dynamics NAV solution adapts to changes with ease and works with familiar Microsoft products further contributing to seize multiple opportunities. Karya’s Microsoft Dynamics NAV solution designed for construction management reduces errors, saves time, and breaks down multifaceted processes into simple ones which also supports in making proactive decisions. Activities like labor tracking and payroll processing can be automated using this solution resulting in greater productivity and a highly efficient work environment.
Appraising the severity of challenges:
There are few drawbacks prevailing in the current construction system posing serious challenges which affects the growth of the entire construction system which are:
- Limited resources: Most developing countries are well equipped with natural resources which are not fully utilized because of lacking infrastructure like strained financials , untrained professionals, deficient technical ‘know-how’.
- Unskilled and inexperienced labor forces: Construction contractors depend on uncertain labor force. Such laborers keep switching from one construction site to another with the capability to do all the tasks though they are not professionally qualified for the same. This source of labor is unreliable as they are influenced by many other factors like seasonal demand in other types of occupational domains.
- Poor Infrastructure: The construction system is also affected by poor infrastructure which results in low productivity. Inadequate and improper facilities like road, water, and transportation also adds-on to the decrease in efficiency in the construction sector.
- Improper Practices: The unpredictable instabilities in the cost of materials used for construction purposes take a toll over the construction schedule. In an attempt to account the additional expenditure, traps the whole process resulting in a very low productive construction schedule.
How Karya’s Microsoft enabled Dynamics NAV for construction shape your business?
- A single solution simplifying your entire business
- Enhances productivity
- Helps make proactive decisions
- Results in speedy implementation
Realizing benefits with Karya’s Microsoft enabled Dynamics NAV:
- Accuracy in data with improved response time
- Contributes in establishing operational excellence
- Elevates financial management and performance
- Industry specific functionality
Use case for construction:
A leading construction company required a massive review in the structure of its management. The infrastructure of this company was based on disparate systems which needed to be correlated and made to function together as a single unit. The different units of this construction company included accounting software for tracking wages, human resources software, and software to calculate the construction budget. The solution designed by Karya was based on Dynamics NAV ERP and it included the processes of preparing tenders, construction and delivery structure. After acclimatizing Karya’s solution, the company was able to integrate with other systems of the construction management system. Karya’s Dynamics NAV solution accommodated special requirements of the customers eliminating double keying and double duplicity of data. The solution monitored all the tasks in detail and allowed the successful completion of the project.